Monday, November 1, 2010

Day 1 – Your sexual orientation or gender identity. Be creative in your definition.

This is something that is always changing for me and probably always will. My current definition of my sexual orientation is homo-flexible: I'm gay but shit happens. I've dated bio males, transguys, butch women, femme women, Americans, I've been around the block and then some. I sway towards pansexual:a person who participates in (or is open to) sexual activities of many kinds, but that doesn't sit right with who I am at the moment.

My gender identity is something I've been pondering for a few months, what it means to be a woman or a man, gender-queer, trans, or just in between. I am biologically a woman and many of my behaviours and tenancies follow that of what society has taught women to be. However as a gay woman I don't always agree with the 'sight quietly and look pretty' default that my gender has been assigned. So I'm a modern woman. A woman who isn't equal to males but wants to be treated with the same respect and given the same chances and opportunities a bio-male would get.

So this became a rant. In short I'm a kinda girly, outspoken, short hair, jeans loving gay woman, who's not afraid of the word dyke, dislikes the word lesbian and is pissed off at society's gender definitions.

1 comment: