Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 3-Your first love

Ah now this is a nice story:

I was 15 and in transition year, and my all girls school was doing a play with the local all boys school. Through some crazy turn of events I was playing the female lead (having only gone in to an audition to read my friends lines for her). Being a dramatic teenager I was keen to scope out my male lead, instead of focusing on the staging of this production like a good theater junkie should.

So I scoped. And he seemed to be doing the same. He was a quiet sweet normal guitar playing boy who was checking me out, probably the first time I had ever had that kind of attention. So I went with it, we flirted around actually saying much or doing much aside from walking round the school grounds together and sitting in the jam room, him playing guitar for me.

And eventually we kissed. And got a round of applause for it (No it wasn't part of the play, we'd just been so dang obvious about liking each other that people were relieved).

Being a dramatic teenager what follows isn't awfully romantic or nice. We broke up, got back together and broke up again. There was a year of not speaking, avoidance and general teenage dramatics. But now we're mates again.

Fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment