Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 14 → A hero that has let you down. (letter)

Dear Lindsay,

When I was 16 you became my hero. You were in Freaky Friday, had long red hair and you weren't a stick. You were funny, cute and you didn't seem afraid of who you were. Then Mean Girls came along and you were more my hero than ever. You showed a young girl who was easily manipulated that it happened to everyone, even you.

You were dating Samantha Ronson around the time I came out to my family. It was great to see someone I'd grown up with dating another woman. I felt less alone.

Then things seemed to keep going badly for you. Drugs and alcohol have destroyed your reputation and your career. You dealt badly with your break up and you've been in rehab and jail more times than I've bothered to count.

Where did you go? Is your life that hard that you turned to drugs to make it better? I thought you were stronger than that. Now I see you were just a half decent actress who doesn't give a crap about what her highly publicized mistakes are doing to her fans. I do hope you recover from this, but you'll never be a hero in my eyes again.

No comments:

Post a Comment