Wednesday, June 16, 2010

This is gonna be another one about growth. We're growing all the time but different parts of us grow at different times and different rates. My body, as it is, has done most of it's growing. But my mind, my spiritual and emotional selves, are going through a period of significant growth right now. For me, the tender beginnings of this growth were when I was 14. Not much happened, nothing significant, until I was 19 and realized I was in full control of this side of myself. I could choose what paths to follow, hell, I could carve my own path!

I'm reading The Celistine Prophecy currently. It's about how the human population is entering a new era of awareness and understanding of life. The first step is a restlessness, a knowledge that there's something more. but not knowing what it is.

This theory rings true for me. I always thought my restlessness was unique to me, but it turns out I'm just brave enough to change what I dislike about my life. I'm young, I'm making mistakes. The restlessness may never end. But I'm learning how to live with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment