Thursday, May 14, 2009

no offense

I feel thoroughly sick right now. I have just watched Carrie Prejeans press release about the media storm Perez Hilton created after she expressed her Catholic views at the Miss USA pageant.

This young woman is completely entitled to her own views and opinions but I don't see how she's allowed to voice these very conservative opinions in such a public manner. She obviously doesn't support gay marriage or equality for LGBT people. And that is fine by me. I'm not going to force my views down anybody's throat. I'm not going to stand up in a public forum and debate it out with Catholic people or any other person who doesn't believe in equality for LGBT people. But the state is separate from personal beliefs. Equality should be a non biased, religion and belief free institution.

I don't believe in shoving my beliefs or my vision of right and wrong down other peoples throats. But I do believe we should all be equal in law and let live our lives as we wish as long as we are not physically, mentally or emotionally hurting any other human being in the process.

Carrie Prejean has hurt me tonight. I wish her all the best in her life, I wish her every happiness, but I want her to butt the fuck out of my life and the lives of every other LGBT person in this world.

Because quite frankly honey, it's none of your fucking business. No offense.

No comments:

Post a Comment